Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski” is the first high school in Bulgaria. It is located in Sofia – the capital of Bulgaria. Its history is the embodiment and continuation of centuries-old tradition of Bulgarian people’s culture and education.
Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridskiy” is the largest and most prestigious educational and research center in the country. It comprises 16 faculties with 117 specialties.
The Sofia University includes the following main divisions:
Faculty of Slavic Philology, Faculty of Philology, Faculty of History, Philosophy Faculty, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Journalism and International Relations, Faculty of Pedagogy, Faculty of Pedagogy of Primary and Pre-school Age Faculty of Geology and Geography PhysicsFaculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Biology, Faculty of Economic Sciences, Faculty of Theology, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Teacher Training, Linguistic Education Department of the Department of Sport.
Be part of this academic community by contacting the Director of the Bulgarian Information Center and visiting the Bulgarian Information Center in Moldova and visiting www.uni-sofia.bg
Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski, Bulgaria reports that the registration for the second examination session is until 23.05.2019.
Make your registration here: https://online.uni-sofia.bg
For more information, contact the Bulgarian Information Center in Chisinau, Moldova www.bic-bg.eu
Admission requirements for foreign citizens who are not members of the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Foreign citizens can apply and study at the university under the following conditions:
the implementation of intergovernmental exchange agreements in the field of education, science and culture;
in accordance with the acts of the Council of Ministers;
under art. 95 paragraphs 7 and 9 of the Law on Higher Education.
- Foreign citizens may apply for education on the conditions for admission of Bulgarian citizens to higher education institutions in the Republic of Bulgaria if:
- have permanent residence status on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria,
- have refugee status;
- have Bulgarian citizenship, certified in accordance with Resolution 103 and no. 228 of the Council of Ministers on the educational activities between Bulgarians from abroad.
Foreign citizens submitting applications based on intergovernmental agreements and in accordance with the acts of the Council of Ministers shall submit the documents of the Ministry of Education and Science and shall be subject to the conditions laid down in the respective agreement and act of the Council of Ministers.
People who apply pursuant to art. 95 par. 8 of the ZVO, submit the documents to Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, the “Admission of Students” section of the Department of Educational Activities before 1 October, the year of application.
A copy of the secondary education diploma (or a document replacing the diploma) and a request with notes.
2.1. The minimum average score on the discipline for which the application is submitted may be at least 62% of the maximum grade in the country in which they received secondary education.
A document issued by the competent authority certifying the applicant’s right to pursue studies at higher education institutions in the country where he / she completed secondary education.
Academic Certificate – for students requiring partial courses.
- Medical certificate issued within one month before the date of submission of the application and certified by the competent authorities of the country from which the person submits the application.
- Two photos.
- A copy of the passport or other official document proving identity.
- Candidates with dual citizenship, one of whom is Bulgarian, provide a copy of the document demonstrating the identity of Bulgarian citizens.
- Certificate of knowledge of Bulgarian at B2 level according to European standards issued by a higher education institution in the Republic of Bulgaria for applicants who will not attend specialized language courses.
The documents referred to in paragraph (2), (3), (4) and (5) shall be legalized, translated into Bulgarian and certified in accordance with the provisions of the international treaties of the Republic of Bulgaria with the state in which they were issued and, in their absence, legalization, translation and verification of documents
Foreign citizens who do not speak the Bulgarian language in the first course are studying at the special language course at the Faculty of Linguistics and Faculty of Slavic Philology of Sofia University, St. Petersburg. Kliment Ohridski /
Foreign students who have become university students may continue their studies in the first year in the specialty they have chosen after graduating from the Bulgarian and B2 level specialized courses in accordance with the common European standards .
Tuition fees for foreign students are established annually by a decision of the Council of Ministers.
On 1 October, in the year of admission, the documents must be submitted to the Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, section “Admission of students”, the educational activities section. Documents may be filed personally by the applicant or an authorized representative.
After accepting the documents, the inspector for the admission of foreign students in the “Admission of students” section within one month prepares and sends them to the Ministry of Education and Science – the “Higher Education” Directorate to receive a training certificate. The deadline for issuing a certificate by the Ministry of Education and Science is one month.
After receiving the certificate from the Ministry of Education and Science, the inspector for admission of foreign students informs the candidates that they can receive the certificate personally or through an authorized representative and submit the documents for the issuance of a “D” visa.
Documents for issuing a “D” visa must be submitted to the diplomatic or consular representation of the Republic of Bulgaria in the country in which the applicant is located and the visa itself. The deadline for issuing a visa is one month, but may be longer.
The “D” type of application shall be submitted only to the diplomatic and consular representations of the applicant’s residence or to the offices accredited in the applicant’s country of residence.
- After obtaining the “D” visa and arriving in Bulgaria, the candidates are enrolled in a relevant specialist course and therefore in a language training and special training.
- All English and other specialists with additional entry requirements will accept the admission exam according to a specific schedule, indicating the date of arrival. Applicants in this area are determined by the results of the examinations and in accordance with the general conditions for admitting foreign nationals.
For more information:
Department of Educational Activities – Student Admissions Sector
Elena Ţenkova – Inspector – Reception of foreign students
Telephone (+359 2) 846 74 29